Saturday, June 27, 2009

good bye michael

the masses
true fan
true fan
the star
fans
fan
Despite the swarm of people to see Michael's star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame, I expected there to be more hard-core MJ fans. What I found was mostly a mass of tourists and opportunists. With the helicoptors above and the media frenzy below, I inched my way through the crowd in front of Grauman's Chinese and happened upon Joya. She held her head high as she proudly explained how she aquired all her MJ buttons and how she cried all night remembering him. She talked about her love for Michael as if he was a member of the family. She had no doubts about where she needed to be on this day after Michael's passing. Despite the hour wait, it was truly worth it for her. Another man, passed by the star thinking he could just walk up to it and leave some flowers. He was sadly mistaken. He walked away disappointed, but still with a smile on his face, "I just wanted to come by and leave the man some flowers."

See the whole MJ's star set at my Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment