Friday, June 5, 2009

First Day Back


After a four year hiatus, Thursday was my first day back in the darkroom. As vile as photo chemicals may be, I must admit, I missed the smell. Anxious to see the fruits of my labor, I pulled the first contact sheet…not what I expected. I moved passed my own disappoint and continued on with the rest of the batch, barely able to look at them. In fact, I didn’t even really take a look until today. Although, I didn’t find the gems I had expected, I realize what needs work and more importantly, to stop buying drug store film! The little guy above was the child of a family we met while camping in Moro Bay. His energy, as well as his family’s, was penetrating and intense. I can't wait to print this.
Shout out to Coleman for his help and the rest of the Mochilla family for their support in my journey back to the darkroom.

1 comment: