Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dirt Cups



I had this at a party with my cousin when I was about 10 and I never forgot it! I run a pretty whole, healthy, and sustainable household, but we make exceptions for birthdays. (I feel the stank eye on me again.) It’s super easy and the kiddies go nuts for them.

What you need:
• 1 package of Oreos (Newman O’s or whatever chocolate cookie sandwich suits your fancy)
• 1 package of Jello chocolate pudding (If your hardcore you can make it yourself.)
• 6-8 clear plastic cups (the smallest you can find)
• gummi worms
• fresh cut flowers
• ziploc bag

1. Scrape whites from the chocolate cookie sandwich. Discard. Or eat them if you're into that. You can leave them in if you want, but the cookies won’t look so much like dirt and the sugar content goes way up.
2. Place chocolate cookies inside Ziploc bag and crush with rolling pin. Set aside.
3. Using a large mixing bowl, follow Jello pudding instructions. Let pudding set.
4. Layer pudding and cookies inside cups until you reach your desired amount.
5. Add gummi worms and fresh cut flowers.

Serves 6-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment